Talking Black and White : an intercultural exploration of twenty-first-century racism, prejudice, and perception /
"This book investigates domestic race-related social justice issues and intercultural communication between Black and White individuals. Twenty-first-century racism, racial tensions, prejudice, police brutality, #BLM, misperception, and the role of the past are deconstructed in an engaging, pro...
Lanham, Maryland :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Foreword: "The more things change" / Mark C. Hopson
- Introduction: on black and white race relations
- First things first: disclosing my positionality
- Defining key terms: discussing the past
- Study description: methodology and methods
- Guiding theoretical frameworks: co-cultural theory & cultural contracts theory
- Black folks, police officers, & the perception problem
- On prejudice, the perils of this generation, and why Black Lives Matter
- On stuff white folks said they "don't like about black folks"
- Moving forward together: on why "I [still] have a dream"