Idle threats : men and the limits of productivity in 19th-Century America /
New York :
New York University Press,
|Series:||America and the long 19th century.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The Bartleby industry and Bartleby's idleness
- Repose : the expression and experience of the circulatory sublime
- The line of productiveness : fear at the frontiers
- Vital reserves revisited : the energies of the social body
- Conclusion : idle thoughts and useless knowledge in the American Renaissance, and beyond.