The Jay Treaty debate, public opinion, and the evolution of early American political culture /
University of Massachusetts Press,
|Series:||Political development of the American nation.
Treaty of Amity, Commerce, and Navigation, with the United States of America > (1794 November 19) > Public opinion.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- England, France, and the foreign context of American politics
- Federalists, Republicans, and popular politics in the early 1790s
- The firestorm and the counterattack : first soundings in the public debate
- The words of tongue and pen : the rhetorical war over the Jay Treaty
- Petitions, instructions, and the duties of citizens and representatives
- The final push : the debate in Congress and out-of-doors
- Reflections on the debate.