After great disasters : an in-depth analysis of how six countries managed community recovery /
"Considers community recovery and reconstruction following major natural disasters in six countries (China, New Zealand, India, Indonesia, Japan, United States). Identifies ways communities and governments can better organize for recovery after future disasters. Chapters discuss improving const...
Cambridge, MA :
Lincoln Institute of Land Policy,
|Online Access:||Go to eBook |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: evolving approaches to managing recovery from large-scale disasters
- China : top-down, fast-paced reconstruction
- New Zealand : centralizing governance and transforming cityscapes
- Japan : national land use regulations drive recovery
- India : state-managed recovery with NGO involvement
- Indonesia : centrally managed, community-driven approaches to reconstruction
- United States : an evolving national level recovery policy
- Conclusions and recommendations
- About the authors
- About Lincoln Institute of land policy.