New England bound : slavery and colonization in early America /
"Based on new evidence, Warren links the growth of the northern colonies to the Atlantic slave trade, demonstrating how New England's economy derived its vitality from the profusion of slave-trading ships coursing through its ports. Warren documents how Indians were systematically sold int...
New York :
Liveright Publishing Corporation, a division of W.W. Norton & Company,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: the cause of her grief
- Part I.A world that does wrong
- The key of the Indies
- Unplanting and replanting
- Part II. Likely that of New England
- Visible slaves
- Intimate slavery
- The law of the land
- Part III. Backing into modernity
- The selling of Adam
- Epilogue: a thousand such fellows.