Women of color and social media multitasking : blogs, timelines, feeds, and community /
Lanham, Maryland :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Women of color cultivating virtual social capital : surviving and thriving / Linda Charmaraman, Bernice Huiying Chan, Temple Price, and AmaNda Richer
- Hashtagging from the margins : women of color engaged in feminist consciousness-raising on Twitter / Caitlin Gunn
- The Arab spring between the streets and the tweets : examining the embodied (e)resistance through the feminist revolutionary body / Fatima Zahrae Chrifi Alaoui
- Move, get out the way : Black "women-of-words" voyaging on the information superhighway / Alexa Harris
- Virtual homeplace : (re)constructing the body through social media / Latoya Lee
- Epistemic advantage and subaltern enclaves : tracing anti-street harassment discourse through social media usage by women of color / Minu Basnet
- "Follow me on instagram" : "best self" identity construction and gaze through hashtag activism and selfie self-love / Kandace Harris
- A blog, a bittersweet mess, and black and white identity development / Makini L. King
- Epilogue / Sonja M. Brown Givens.