Difficult conversations : how to discuss what matters most /
From the Harvard Negotiation Project, the organization that brought readers "Getting to Yes, Difficult Conversations" provides a step-by-step approach to having those tough conversations with less stress and more success. This edition includes a new chapter.
New York :
|Edition:||Tenth anniversary edition, Second edition.|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Sort out the three conversations
- Stop arguing about who's right: explore each other's stories
- Don't assume they meant it: disentangle intent from impact
- Abandon blame: map the contribution system
- Have your feelings (or they will have you)
- Ground your identity: ask yourself what's at stake
- What's your purpose?: when to raise it and when to let go
- Getting started: begin from the third story
- Learning: listen from the inside out
- Expression: speak for yourself with clarity and power
- Problem-solving: take the lead
- Putting it all together
- Ten questions people ask about difficult conversations
- A road map to Difficult conversations.