Animal cruelty and freedom of speech : when worlds collide /
"A collaboration between an attorney and an animal protection advocate, this work utilizes the extremely controversial and high-profile "crush video" case, US v. Stevens, to explore how American society attempts to balance the protection of free speech and the prevention of animal cru...
West Lafayette, Indiana :
Purdue University Press,
|Series:||New directions in the human-animal bond.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Cruelty unspoken : law and policy regarding animals and sexual deviance
- Dogfighting in America : a historical and sociological perspective
- Showcasing animal abuse : regulating media depictions of animal cruelty
- Freedom of religion and animal sacrifice : Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye, Inc. v. City of Hialeah
- Freedom of speech and animal protection : United States v. Stevens
- Clash of the titans : friends of the court battle over Section 48
- Oral argument : the last stand
- The Supreme Court speaks
- Analyzing the decision
- The aftermath of United States v. Stevens
- Afterword : IMplications for the future.