Rightlessness in an age of rights : Hannah Arendt and the contemporary struggles of migrants /
There have been remarkable developments in the field of human rights in the past few decades. Still, millions of asylum-seekers, refugees, and undocumented immigrants continue to find it challenging to access human rights. In this book, Ayten Gündogdu builds on Hannah Arendt's analysis of stat...
New York, NY :
Oxford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction : human rights across borders
- Perplexities of human rights
- Human rights as politics and anti-politics
- Borders of personhood
- Expulsion from politics and humanity
- Declarations of a right to have rights
- Conclusion : the struggle remains undecided.