Visions of science : books and readers at the dawn of the Victorian age /
The University of Chicago Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Fantastic voyages : Humphry Davy's Consolations in travel
- The economy of intelligence : Charles Babbage's Reflections on the decline of science in England
- The conduct of everyday life : John Herschel's Preliminary discourse on the study of natural philosophy
- Mathematics for the million? : Mary Somerville's On the connexion of the physical sciences
- A philosophy for a new science : Charles Lyell's Principles of geology
- The problem of mind : George Combe's Constitution of man
- The torch of science : Thomas Carlyle's Sartor Resartus.