A chosen calling : Jews in science in the twentieth century /
Baltimore, Maryland :
Johns Hopkins University Press,
|Series:||Medicine, science, and religion in historical context.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Preface : a vanload of rabbis in the culture wars of Kentucky
- Introduction : "Ridiculously disproportionate"?
- "Holding high the torch of civilization" : American Jews and twentieth-century science
- "Second only to Communism" : making Soviet Jews and Soviet science
- "Making a land of experiments" : science and technology in Zionist imagination and enterprise
- Conclusion : when all worlds were new worlds.