Nation and family : personal law, cultural pluralism, and gendered citizenship in India /
Stanford, California :
Stanford University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Indian personal law : toward a comparative theoretical perspective
- Nationalism, recognition, and family formation
- Official nationalism, multiculturalism, and majoritarian citizen making : the formation of the postcolonial policy frame
- Recasting the normative national family : changes in Hindu law and commonly applicable matrimonial laws since the 1960s
- Minority accommodation, cultural mobilization, and legal practice : the experiences of Muslim law and Christian law
- Nationalism, multiculturalism, and personal law.