Partisan priorities : how issue ownership drives and distorts American politics /
"Americans consistently name Republicans as the party better at handling issues like national security and crime, while they trust Democrats on issues like education and the environment - a phenomenon called "issue ownership." Partisan Priorities investigates the origins of issue owne...
New York, NY :
Cambridge University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Consensus issues: admidst polarization, shared goals
- The measure and meaning of issue ownership
- Ruling out the policy and performance hypotheses
- Partisan priorities: the source of issue ownership
- How issue ownership distorts American politics.