Hidden America : from coal miners to cowboys, an extraordinary exploration of the unseen people who make this country work /
Looks at the remarkable men and women whose low-profile accomplishments contribute to the running of the nation, from coal miners and oil rig workers to migrant laborers and air traffic controllers.
New York :
G.P. Putnam's Sons,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Underworld : Hopedale Mining, Cadiz, Ohio
- Hecho en América : Migrant Labor Camp, Cherryfield, Maine
- G-L-O-R-Y : Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Traffic : Air Traffic Control Tower, LaGuardia Airport, New York, New York
- Guns 'r' us : Sprague's Sports, Yuma, Arizona
- Beef : R.A. Brown Ranch, Throckmorton, Texas
- The Rig : Pioneer National Resources Oil Rig, Oooguruk Island, off the shores of Alaska's North Slope
- Sputter : I-80, Exit 284, Walcott, Iowa
- This is Paradise : Puente Hills Landfill, City of Industry, California.