Liberty of the imagination : aesthetic theory, literary form, and politics in the early United States /
University of Pennsylvania Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Ingenious disquisition and controversy
- Poetry, pleasure, and the Revolution
- The beautiful and sublime objects of landscape writing
- Taste, ratification, and repubican form in The Federalist
- The novel, the imagination, and Charles Brockden Brown's aesthetic state
- Federalist criticism and the power of genius.