The abolitionist imagination /
Revisits the nineteenth century abolitionist movement as the embodiment of a driving force in American history, giving a better understanding of the balance between moral fervor and political responsibility.
|Other Authors:||, , ,|
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The abolitionist imagination / Andrew Delbanco
- Fighting the devil with his own fire / John Stauffer
- Did the abolitionists cause the Civil War? / Manisha Sinha
- The invisibility of black abolitionists / Darryl Pinckney
- Abolition as master concept / Wilfred M. McClay
- Rejoinder: the presence of the past / Andrew Delbanco.