New tech, new ties : how mobile communication is reshaping social cohesion /
Cambridge, Mass. ; London :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Mobile communication and ritual interaction: the plumber's entrance
- ICT and tension between social and individual impulses
- Durkheim on ritual interaction and social cohesion
- Goffman on ritual interaction in everyday life
- Collins and ritual interaction chains
- Ritual as a catalytic event
- Co-present interaction and mobile communication
- Mobile telephony and mediated ritual interaction
- Bounded solidarity: mobile communication and cohesion in the familiar sphere
- The recalibration of social cohesion.