The history of the Catholic Church in Latin America : from conquest to revolution and beyond /
New York :
New York University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Religious origins of Catholicism in Latin America
- Spain and Portugal in the the New World
- Conquest, spiritual and otherwise
- The colonial church
- Reform and enlightenment
- The church and clergy at independence
- Working out the differences
- The established order and the threat of popular religion
- Revolution and reform
- The mid-twentieth-century church
- The decline of liberation theology.