Crime and racial constructions : cultural misinformation about African Americans in media and academia /
Lanham, Md. :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : Crime and racial constructions
- Black images in the post-civil rights era
- Hollywood and black protest : the rise of ghetto action movies
- Black violence, white violence : cinematic images of the urban underclass
- Making race matter : how criminologists look at African Americans and violence
- Americanizing black violence : making criminology race-free
- Black women on the silver screen
- Black women, violence and masculinization
- Comforting fictions : black women, Hollywood and color-blind racism.