Civil War citizens : race, ethnicity, and identity in America's bloodiest conflict /
New York :
New York University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Yankee Dutchmen : Germans, the Union, and the construction of wartime identity /
- Stephen D. Engle
- "With more freedom and independence than the Yankees" : the Germans of Richmond, Charleston, and New Orleans during the American Civil War /
- Andrea Mehrländer
- "Ye sons of green Erin assemble" : northern Irish American Catholics and the Union war effort, 1861-1865 /
- Susannah J. Ural
- Irish rebels, southern rebels : the Irish Confederates /
- David T. Gleeson
- The Jewish Confederates /
- Robert N. Rosen, Esq.
- Native Americans in the Civil War : three experiences /
- William McKee Evans
- The African American struggle for citizenship rights in the northern United States during the Civil War /
- Joseph P. Reidy.