Schools under surveillance : cultures of control in public education /
New Brunswick, N.J. :
Rutgers University Press,
|Series:||Critical issues in crime and society.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction /
- Torin Monahan, Rodolfo D. Torres
- New disciplinary orders : police, surveillance, and inequality in the carceral school.
- To protect, serve, and mentor? Police officers in public schools /
- Aaron Kupchik, Nicole L. Bracy
- School surveillance in America : disparate and unequal /
- Paul Hirschfield
- Docile body in school space /
- Lizbet Simmons
- Schools as markets : selling security, buying students.
- Safety or social control : the security fortification of schools in a capitalist society /
- Ronnie Casella
- Online surveillance in Canadian schools /
- Valerie Steeves
- "School ownership Is the goal" : military recruiting, public schools, and fronts of war /
- Tyler Wall
- Security cultures : preparing for the worst.
- Reading, writing, and readiness /
- Richard A. Matthew
- Risky youth and the psychology of surveillance : the crisis of the school shooter /
- Tyson Lewis
- Accountability regimes : tests, standards, and audits as surveillance.
- "Politics by other means" : education accountability and the surveillance state /
- Pauline Lipman
- Measure of success : education, markets, and an audit culture /
- Michael W. Apple
- Lying, cheating, and teaching to the test : the politics of surveillance under No Child Left Behind /
- John Gilliom
- Everyday resistance : contesting systems of control.
- Scan this : examining student resistance to school surveillance /
- Jen Weiss
- Seductions of risk, social control, and resistance to school surveillance /
- Andrew Hope.