The American counterfeit : authenticity and identity in American literature and culture /
University of Alabama Press,
|Series:||Studies in American literary realism and naturalism.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The real, the self, and commodity culture, 1880-1930
- Whitman's natural history : specimen days and the culture of authenticity
- "I couldn't see no profit in it" : discourses of commoditization and authenticity in Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Connoisseurs and counterfeits : Edith Wharton's The house of mirth
- Dressing to kill : desire, race, and authenticity in Nella Larsen's Passing
- A world of wonders : collecting and the authentic self in The great Gatsby.