Publishing the Prince : history, reading, & the birth of political criticism /
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Political theory as textual criticism
- How to teach kings to read history : humanist culture and the disenchantment of absolutist power
- Political power in the archives : from reason of state to critical history
- In the workshop of politics : Amelot de La Houssaye and the methods of unmasking Venice
- How to read a subversive : decoding reason of state of the self
- The Machiavellian reformation : critical technologies of reading and the culture of personal prudence
- An enlightened prince reads Machiavelli, and a philosophe publishes The prince.