Origins of the new South fifty years later : the continuing influence of a historical classic /
Baton Rouge :
Louisiana State University Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- C. Vann Woodward and the reconstruction of the New South / Bethany L. Johnson
- Review of Origins of the New South, 1877-1913 / Allen W. Moger
- Origins of the New South in Retrospect / Sheldon Hackney
- Origins of the New South in Retrospect, thirty years later / Sheldon Hackney
- Right fork or left fork? The section-party alignments of Southern Democrats in Congress, 1873-1897 / Carl V. Harris
- Redeemers versus Agrarians? / Carl V. Harris
- Redeemers reconsidered: change and continuity in the Democratic South, 1870-1900 / James Tice Moore
- The historical context for "Redeemers reconsidered" / James Tice Moore
- Origin of origins / C. Vann Woodward
- "On the pinnacle in Yankeeland": C. Vann as a [Southern] Renaissance man / James C. Cobb
- C. Vann Woodward and the burden of Southern populism / Robert C. McMath Jr.
- Gender and origins of the New South / Glenda E. Gilmore
- The political economy of the New South: retrospects and prospects / Harold D. Woodman
- Origins of the New South and the Negro question / Barbara J. Fields
- Reflections on Woodward's origins / William F. Holmes
- Gender and Vann Woodward / Anne Firor Scott
- C. Vann Woodward and the confessions of a "continuitarian"