The home plot : women, writing & domestic ritual /
University of Massachusetts Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- False starts and false endings : Stowe, Jewett, realism, and housekeeping
- The country of the pointed firs : claiming the Sibyl's text
- Freeman's repetitions : the housekeeper and her plot
- Willa Cather : repudiating home plots
- Willa Cather and women's culture : "Now I know"
- Welty's beginnings : housekeeping and the other way to live
- Welty and the dynamo in the house : "Why keep it up, old woman?".