Narrating mothers : theorizing maternal subjectivities /
University of Tennessee Press,
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Nurturing mothers : theorizing maternal subjectivities / Brenda O. Daly and Maureen T. Reddy
- Mothers tomorrow and mothers yesterday, but never mothers today : Women on the edge of time and The handmaid's tale / Elaine Tuttle Hansen
- Mother right/write revisited : Beloved andDessa Rose and the construction of motherhood in black women's fiction / Carole Boyce Davies
- Mothering an autistic child : reclaiming thevoice of the mother / Jane Taylor McDonnell
- Constructing the mother : contemporary psychoanalytic theorists and women autobiographers / Shirley Nelson Garner
- Her mother's language / Cecilia Konchar Farr
- Facing the gorgon : good and bad mothers in the late novels of Margaret Drabble / Mary Jane Elkins
- The mother's part : incest and maternal deprivation in Woolf and Morrison / Paula Bennett
- The diaries of Jane Somers : Doris Lessing, feminism, and the mother / Gayle Greene
- This is not for you : the sexuality of mothering / Judith Roof
- Adoptive mothers and thrown-away children in the novels of Louise Endrich / Hertha D. Wong.
- Truth in mothering : Grace Paley's stories / Judith Arcana
- Mary Gordon's mothers / Ruth Perry
- Maternal reading : Lazarre and Walker / Maureen T. Reddy
- Teaching Alice Walker's Meridian : civil rights according to mothers / Brenda O. Daly
- Teaching/(m)othering : the feminist classroom as unbounded text / Sheryl O'Donnell.