Reading-to-write : exploring a cognitive and social process /
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Social and cognitive studies in writing and literacy.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : Studying cognition in context / Linda Flower
- The role of task representation in reading-to-write / Linda Flower
- Promises of coherence, weak content, and strong organization : an analysis of the students' texts / Margaret J. Kantz
- Students' self-analyses and judges' perceptions : Where do they agree? / John Ackerman
- Exploring the cognition of reading-to-write / Victoria Stein
- Elaboration : using what you know / Victoria Stein
- The effects of prompts on revision : a glimpse of the gap between planning and performance / Wayne C. Peck
- Translating context into action / John Ackerman
- The cultural imperatives underlying cognitive acts / Kathleen McCormick
- Negotiating academic discourse / Linda Flower.