Girls who became writers /
Freeport, N.Y. :
Books for Libraries Press,
|Series:||Essay index reprint series.
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Fanny Burney, a long-ago lady of letters
- Selma Lagerlof, who listened and remembers
- Edna St. Vincent Millay, how a poet is made
- Pearl Buck, who opened a door into China
- Mary Roberts Rinehart, an adventurer and her adventures
- Sarah Josepha Hale, a lady and her book
- Anne Shannon Monroe, who sees and hears the out-of-doors
- Louisa Alcott, the girl who wrote for girls
- Willa Cather, a transplanted writer
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher, at home and abroad.