Strategic maneuvering for political change : a pragma-dialectical analysis of Egyptian anti-regime columns /
In Strategic Maneuvering for Political Change, the author analyzes five political columns written before 2011 by Al Aswany, a prominent Egyptian novelist, using the lens of the extended pragma-dialectical theory of argumentation. What these texts have in common is the use of narrative, fictional and...
Amsterdam ; Philadelphia :
John Benjamins Publishing Company,
|Series:||Argumentation in context ;
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Al Aswany's call for democracy in the Al Shorouk columns
- An argumentative characterization of Egyptian political columns
- Strategic maneuvering with arguments from example: the "active people" topic
- Strategic maneuvering by means of a narrative perspective: the "defeatable police" topic
- Strategic maneuvering by means of an allegorical fable: the "victorious protesters" topic.