Site of deportation, site of memory : the Amsterdam Hollandsche Schouwburg and the Holocaust /
The Hollandsche Schouwburg is a former theatre in Amsterdam where, during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands, tens of thousands of Jews were assembled before being deported to transit and concentration camps. Before the war, the theatre had been an example of Jewish integration in the Netherland...
Amsterdam University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Table Of Contents
- Preface / Schrijver, Emile
- 1. Occupation, Persecution, And Destruction / Vree, Frank van
- 2. In And Around The Theatre / Vree, Frank van
- 3. In The Shadow Of Nazism / Göbel, Esther
- 4. 'Building Of Tears' / Gringold, Annemiek
- 5. Site Of Memory, Site Of Mourning / Duindam, Duindam
- Sources, Literature, And Quotations
- About The Authors