Educating the neglected majority : the struggle for agricultural and technical education in nineteenth-century Ontario and Quebec /
"This is a comparative study of the evolution of technical and agricultural education from the early nineteenth century up to about 1900 in Ontario and Quebec. In the extensive literature on Canadian educational history, these two areas have remained largely on the periphery. No detailed pictur...
Montreal ; Kingston ; London ; Chicago :
McGill-Queen's University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: Farmer, Artisan, Mechanic, and Technical Education
- 1. Informal Education for the Farmer to 1867
- 2. Formal Education for the Farmer to 1867
- 3. Mechanics' Institutes and Informal Education to 1867
- 4. Formal Technical Education to 1867
- 5. Agricultural Education in Ontario
- 6. Agricultural Education in Quebec
- 7. Technical Education in Ontario
- 8. Technical Education in Quebec
- Epilogue: Towards the Twentieth Century.