Civil War Alabama /
Tuscaloosa, Alabama :
The University of Alabama Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- PART I. ALABAMA SECEDES. The "lawyers' revolution"
- "A leap in the dark"
- "There will be a revulsion"
- PART II. THE WAR BEGINS. "Sprinkle blood in the face of the people"
- "Food for sad and gloomy fits"
- Evil times
- PART III. THE DECREE OF THE NATION. The decree of the nation
- "Yankeeizing Southerners"
- "The struggle of the masters"
- PART IV. THE HARD WAR. The destroying angels
- The reconstructionists
- The slaughter pen
- The river of death
- PART V. IN SEARCH OF PEACE. "God close this terrible war"
- War eagle!
- The horrors of the black flag
- PART VI. BOWING DOWN TO MARS. "Retrograde movements" and "Backward advances"
- Rousseau's Raid
- The fall of Mobile Bay and Atlanta
- PART VII. THE DEATH THROES OF A REBELLION. "On the wrong side of the line of battle"
- "Rats to your holes"
- "Balls and parties are all the rage"
- Franklin, Nashville, and disintegration
- PART VIII. "THE HOLOCAUST". "Ne-gotiation" or "Ne-grotiation"
- "The day of jubilee am come!"