Culture and foreign language education : insights from research and implications for the practice /
"This book offers insights from current research on the role of culture in foreign language learning as well as the construction of culture and identity through language learning and use. It presents original empirical studies and theoretical discussions which bear important implications for cu...
|Other Authors:||, , ,|
Boston ; Berlin :
De Gruyter Mouton,
|Series:||Studies in second and foreign language education ;
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- 1. Culture and foreign language education: an introduction to the book
- 2. Culture in foreign language learning: the implications for teachers and teacher training
- 3. Pre-service teachers discovering intercultural enquiry in language classroom discourse
- 4. Exploring the intercultural in Australian community languages teaching
- 5. Critical thinking, (inter)cultural awareness and pedagogical dilemmas: stories of three university teachers in Indonesia
- 6. First, second, third place and beyond: reflection on a philosophy of self & identity for intercultural language teaching
- 7. Growing up in Hawaiʻi as Japanese heritage language speakers: language, culture and identity
- 8. Identities and languages: two stories of multilingual development
- 9. The construction of cultural difference through negotiating participation: learning-as-participation in an English-medium college in Japan
- 10. Motivational changes and their affecting factors among students from different cultural backgrounds
- 11. Significant others in influencing Chinese EFL students' learning strategy use: from a sociocultural perspective
- 12. Cultural learning styles: "is there such a thing?" 13. Learning language and culture through video clips: an action research study
- 14. Shifting paradigms: a model for the integrated assessment of language and culture.