Oral and literary continuities in modern Tibetan literature : the inescapable nation /
"This book reveals that the roots of modern Tibetan literature grow in the rich and fertile soil of Tibet's oral and literary traditions, rather than in the 1980s as current scholarship presents. Embracing a multidisciplinary approach drawing on theoretical insights in Western literary the...
Lanham, Maryland :
|Series:||Studies in modern Tibetan culture.
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The persistence of the past in modern Tibetan literature
- Singing the nation: modern Tibetan music and national identity
- The Tibetan tradition of social criticism and modern Tibetan literature
- Narration of cultural traumas in modern Tibetan poetry and fiction
- The third generation of Tibetan poets and the inescapable nation
- How novel is contemporary Tibetan erotic poetry?
- Conclusion: whirlpools of continuity and creativity.