Applied Christian ethics : foundations, economic justice, and politics /
Applied Christian Ethics addresses selected themes in Christian social ethics. The book is divided in three parts. In the first section, "Foundation," several contributors reveal their Christian realist roots and discuss the prophetic origins and multifarious agenda of social ethics. Thus,...
|Main Authors:||, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,|
Lanham, Md. :
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Part I.
- Foundations ;
- Social Christianity, Niebuhrian realism, and the Protestant mainline /
- Gary Dorrien
- Paul Tillich and the Frankfurt school /
- Guyton B. Hammond
- Toward a constructive "religious realism" : Robert Bellah and Reinhold Niebuhr /
- Harlan Stelmach
- Paul Tillich and the lingering possibility of prophetic activity /
- Randall K. Bush
- Recent books about Reinhold Niebuhr and refections on his relevance today /
- Charles C. Brown
- Calvin for today : breaking out of the iron cage /
- Matthew Lon Weaver
- The life and practice of an ethicist /
- Ronald H. Stone
- Part II.
- Economics and justice ;
- Cowboys, Indians, and ethicists : a conversation stimulated by Robert Warrior /
- Carol S. Robb
- Justice, power, and international organizations /
- Randall W. Stone
- Making global capitalism more just by imposing an international transaction tax /
- John C. Raines
- Responding to "not in my backyard" advocates : a Christian feminist justice approach /
- Laura Stivers
- Part III.
- Politics, war, and peacemaking ;
- Redeeming democracy : the continuing paradox of African American faith-based politics /
- Samuel K. Roberts
- The development and nature of the peacemaking idea /
- Edward LeRoy Long, Jr.
- The church reformed and always resisting : Ronald H. Stone and Presbyterian social witness /
- Christian T. Iosso
- Vietnam : a scar on the soul /
- Robert L. Stivers
- Drones and Christian morality /
- Ronald H. Stone.