Doing ethics in a diverse world /
Boulder, Colo. :
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Learning from experience
- Our challenge : doing ethics in a pluralistic society
- Reasoning together : making sense of our experience
- Rule of law : the ethics of justice
- Creating an ethical presumption
- Duty : doing what is right
- Character : being a good person
- Relationships : caring and letting go
- Human rights : autonomy and human dignity
- Overcoming an ethical presumption
- Possible consequences : utilitarian and cost-benefit arguments
- Making decisions : HIV/AIDS
- Applying the approach
- Public morality : seeking the common good
- Health care : life and death
- Sex : consent plus what?
- War against terrorism : justice and freedom
- Economic justice : fair and caring?
- Our natural world : living ecologically.