Wrestling with democracy : voting systems as politics in the twentieth-century West /
"Though sharing broadly similar processes of economic and political development from the mid-to-late nineteenth century onward, western countries have diverged greatly in their choice of voting systems: most of Europe shifted to proportional voting around the First World War, while Anglo-Americ...
Toronto [Ont.] :
University of Toronto Press,
|Series:||Studies in comparative political economy and public policy ;
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Contextualizing Democracy
- Chapter 3: Prologue to the Democratic Era
- Chapter 4: Facing the Democratic Challenge 1900-1918
- Chapter 5: Struggling with Democracy 1919-39
- Chapter 6: The Cold War Democratic Compromise 1940-1969
- Chapter 7: The Neoliberal Democratic Realignment 1970-2000.