The Democrats : a critical history /
"This revised and updated editions of 'The Democrats: a critical history' brings the analysis up to the eve of the 2012 presidential election season. Not only is the text revised in light of developments since 2008-- most importantly, the financial and economic crisis that emerged ful...
Chicago, IL :
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: What happened to the new era?
- History's second-most enthusiastic capitalist party
- Party of slavery becomes the "Party of the people"
- Rise of the new Democrats
- From "Hope" to hopeless: the Democrats in the Obama era
- Social movements and the "Party of the people"
- Defenders of the empire
- Can the left take over the Democratic Party?
- Why is there no alternative?
- Is the lesser evil good enough?
- Hal Draper: Who's going to be the lesser evil in '68?