Her glory all within : rejecting and transforming Orthodoxy in Israeli and American Jewish women's fiction /
Representation of the religious sector is a new phenomenon in modern Israeli literature, emerging from a diversification of Israeli culture that began in the 1970s. Barbara Landress here explores the intricacies of fiction about Orthodox women in contemporary contexts, offering a subtle interpretati...
Academic Studies Press,
|Series:||Studies in Orthodox Judaism.
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Feminism and Orthodoxy
- Representing Orthodoxy
- The Orthodox romance : veiled complaint and ambivalence extreme in Hanna Bat Shahar
- Yehudit Rotem's consciousness-raising novels
- Revaluing the traditional in American Jewish women's writing
- Politics, nationalism and the secular-religious rift
- Inclusivity and transformation.