Articulate while Black : Barack Obama, language, and race in the U.S /
"Barack Obama is widely considered one of the most powerful and charismatic speakers of our age. Without missing a beat, he often moves between Washington insider talk and culturally Black ways of speaking--as shown in a famous YouTube clip, where Obama declined the change offered to him by a B...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- "Nah, we straight" : Black language and America's first Black president
- A.W.B. (articulate while black) : language and racial politics in the United States
- Makin a way outta no way : the "race speech" and Obama's rhetorical remix
- "The fist bump heard 'round the world'" : how black communication becomes controversial
- "My president's black, my lambo's blue" : hip hop, race, and the culture wars
- Change the game : language, education, and the cruel fallout of racism.