The food and feasts of Jesus : inside the world of first century fare, with menus and recipes /
The New Testament is filled with stories of Jesus eating with people-from extravagant wedding banquets to simple meals of loaves and fishes. <span style="font-style:italic;">The Food and Feasts of Jesus offers a new perspective on life in biblical times by taking readers inside these...
Lanham, Md. :
Rowman & Littlefield Publishers,
|Series:||Religion in the modern world (Lanham, Md.)
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Why eat the food of Jesus and his followers?
- The bounty of the first-century kitchen
- Our daily bread
- The farmer, food, and social responsibility
- The Sabbath feast
- The banquet
- The wedding feast
- The feast of the Passover
- Supplement to chapter 8: a first-century Passover Haggadah
- The harvest feast
- Eating with God : the Todah feast
- Picnic at the beach
- What we have learned and why we join the feast.