After neoliberalism? : the left and economic reforms in Latin America /
Gusatvo Flores-Macias' book offers a systemic explanation of why the ever-popular left-wing governments in Latin American countries have become extremely radical or moderate once in power.
New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: the left and the challenge to market orthodoxy in Latin America
- Economic reforms: the dependent variable
- Party systems and leftist governments' economic policies
- Party system in disarray: Venezuela's statist revisionism
- Progressively institutionalized party system: Brazil's moderate reforms
- Highly institutionalized party system: Chile's pro-market continuity