From Palestine to Israel : a photographic record of destruction and state formation, 1947-1950 /
"In this carefully curated and beautifully presented photobook, Ariella Azoulay offers a new perspective on four crucial years in the history of Palestine/Israel. The book reconstructs the processes by which the Palestinian majority in Mandatory Palestine became a minority in Israel, while the...
|Online Access:||Available via JSTOR|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction: Constituent Violence 1947-506
- Military Governmentality
- Socialization to the State, and the Mechanisms of Subordination
- Architecture of Destruction, Dispossession and Gaining Ownership
- Creating a Jewish Political Body and Deporting the Country's Arab Residents
- Borders, Strategies of Uprooting, and Preventing Return
- Looting, Monopolizing and Expropriation
- Observing "Their Catastrophe"