Ethnic styles of speaking in European metropolitan areas /
In recent years, ethnic ways of speaking by young people with migrant background have become an important research object in sociolinguistics; work on these ways of speaking has been prospering in many European countries. This work is continued in the present volume, with the aim of bringing togethe...
Amsterdam ; Philadelphia :
John Benjamins Pub.,
|Series:||Studies in language variation ;
v. 8. |
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction / Friederike Kern
- The emergence and diffusion of multicultural English / Sue Fox, Arfaan Khan and Eivind Torgersen
- Kiezdeutsch as a multiethnolect / Ulrike Freywald [and others]
- Prosodic style-shifting in preadolescent peer-group interactions in a working-class suburb of Paris / Zsuzsanna Fagyal and Christopher M. Stewart
- Emerging Moroccan and Turkish varieties of Dutch : ethnolects or ethnic styles? / Frans Hinskens
- Prosody and unit-construction in an ethnic style : the case of Turkish German and its use and function in conversation / Margret Selting
- Rhythm in Turkish German talk-in-interaction / Friederike Kern
- Constructions with Turkish şey and its German equivalent dings in Turkish-German conservations : şey and dings in Turkish-German / Yazgül Şimşek
- Joint attention and cooperation in the Swedish of adolescents in multilingual settings : the use of sån 'such' and såhar 'like' / Lena Ekberg
- Linguistic variation and linguistic virtuosity of young "Ghetto"-migrants in Mannheim, Germany / Inken Keimi and Ralf Knöbl
- Late modern youth style in interaction / Lian Malai Madsen
- Developing multiethnic youth language in Helsinki / Heini Lehtonen.