Seeing Jefferson anew : in his time and ours /
""This is, by far, in my estimation, the most important, most perfectly balanced, most elegantly written, and most potentially useful such collection of historical essays I have seen since Beeman, Botein, and Carter II, Beyond Confederation, back in the 1970's."--John Lauritz Lar...
University of Virginia Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Introduction /
- John B. Boles and Randal L. Hall
- Thomas Jefferson and American democracy /
- Peter S. Onuf
- Natural politics : Jefferson, elections, and the people /
- Eva Sheppard Wolf
- The many wests of Thomas Jefferson /
- Peter J. Kastor
- Jefferson and slavery /
- Adam Rothman
- Placing Thomas Jefferson and religion in context, then and now /
- Thomas E. Buckley
- Jefferson and women /
- Jan Ellen Lewis
- Jefferson in the flesh /
- Andrew Burstein
- Afterword /
- Andrew J. O'Shaughnessy.