The life and thought of Herbert Butterfield : history, science, and God /
"Once recalled only for The Whig interpretation of history (1931) and Christianity and history (1949), Sir Herbert Butterfield's contribution to western culture has undergone an astonishing revaluation over the past twenty years. What has been left out of this reappraisal is the man himsel...
Cambridge ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Private Intellectual, 1900-1945. Bronte country
- Peterhouse and Princeton
- Love, marriage, and "the sex question"
- Thinking man's historian
- European civilisation and the Third Reich
- Wartime ambiguities
- Contours of an original mind. Science
- Public intellectual, 1945-1979. Height of his powers
- From history to historiography
- From diplomatic history to international relations
- From autumn to winter.