Women and romance : the consolations of gender in the English novel /
Ithaca, N.Y. :
Cornell University Press,
|Series:||Reading women writing.
|Online Access:||Available via JSTOR|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Foreword / Shari Benstock and Celeste Schenck
- Acknowledgments / Laurie Langbauer
- The romance of history, or Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny, sometimes
- Diverting romance : Charlotte Lennox's The female Quixote
- An early romance : the ideology of the body in Mary Wollstonecraft's writing
- Streetwalkers and homebodies : Dickens's romantic women
- Recycling patriarchy's garbage : George Eliot's pessimism and the problem of a site for feminism