Imperial Germany 1871-1918 /
An international team of twelve expert contributors provides both an introduction to and an interpretation of the key themes in German history from the foundation of the Reich in 1871 to the end of the First World War in 1918. - ;The German Empire was founded in January 1871 not only on the basis of...
Oxford ; New York :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Short Oxford history of Germany.
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / James Retallack
- Bismarckian Germany / Katharine Anne Lerman
- Wilhelmine Germany / Mark Hewitson
- Economic and social developments / Brett Fairbairn
- Religion and confessional conflict / Christopher Clark
- Culture and the arts / Celia Applegate
- Gendered Germany / Angelika Schaser
- The bourgeoisie and reform / Edward Ross Dickinson
- Political culture and democratization / Thomas Kühne
- Militarism and radical nationalism / Roger Chickering
- Transnational Germany / Sebastian Conrad
- War and revolution / Jeffrey Verhey
- Looking forward / James Retallack.