America's Asia : racial form and American literature, 1893-1945 /
What explains the perception of Asians both as economic exemplars and as threats? America's Asia explores a discursive tradition that affiliates the East with modern efficiency, in contrast to more familiar primitivist forms of Orientalism. Colleen Lye traces the American stereotype of Asians a...
Princeton, N.J. :
Princeton University Press,
|Online Access:||Available via JSTOR|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The minority which is not one
- A genealogy of the "yellow peril" / Jack London, George Kenna, and the Russo-Japanese war
- Meat versus rice / Frank Norris, Jack London, and the critique of monopoly capitalism
- The end of Asian exclusion? / the specter of "cheap farmers" and alien land law fiction
- A new deal for Asians / John Steinbeck, Carey McWilliams, and the liberalism of Japanese-American internment
- One world / Pearl S. Buck, Edgar Snow, and John Steinbeck on Asian American character.