Portable communities : the social dynamics of online and mobile connectedness /
"In Portable Communities, sociologist Mary Chayko examines the social dynamics and implications of having access to countless others at any time. Teeming with the observations of people who blog, email, instant message, game, and chat on cell phones, wireless computers, and other portable devic...
|Online Access:||Available via EBSCO eBook Collection |
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- The portability of social connectedness
- Thinking in tandem: cognitive connectedness
- Feeling connected: emotionality and intimacy
- Playing around: fun, games, and hanging out
- Social networking: convenience, practicality, and sociability
- Being there: constant availability
- Harnessing social interaction : the control of time, space, and people
- Creating, expressing, and extending the self (and watching others do so)
- Shaping the social landscape: equalities, inequalities, possibilities.